Bowdon Elementary School Counselor
Welcome to BES! My name is Sharanda Keith, and I am starting my 6th year as the School Counselor at Bowdon Elementary School. I’m a graduate of Georgia Southwestern State University (Bachelor) and Jacksonville State University (Master & Educational Specialist). I am an Licensed Professional Counselor. My years of experience in counseling includes a variety of roles from therapist in a community agency setting to school-based therapist to clinical director of a residential facility. Of all the different positions I have held, School Counselor has been MY FAVORITE!
At Bowdon Elementary my role includes:
- Advocacy for our students
- Attendance monitoring and follow-up
- Classroom Guidance on various topics
- Consultation with parents, staff, and outside agencies & Collaboration with School Social Worker
- Coordinate Resources
- Small Group & Individual Counseling
I am available by phone at 770-258-2161 or by email
Please do not hesitate to make an appointment to come in to see me, call, or email if you have any emotional concerns about your child.